Monday, January 27, 2014

Perfectionism is overrated

Perfectionist is one of the things that many people label me as, along with extreme...etc.  I can't be offended by these things because deep down I know they are very very true.  I am one of those people who has to be told to quit studying or told to take a break from cleaning and relax.  I have another problem with perfection and it is with my body.  No matter how tone, skinny, or athletic I am... I'm still never good enough.  I do blame some parts of my eating disorder on myself, but there is a major component in EVERY eating disorder.  The media is truly the devil.  Women are expected to look like this ?
Do we really want to spend our whole lives striving to look like something that is impossible?? These girls have absolutely no life! Who says what the perfect body is? who says you have to have a six pack? Who says that you have to be golden brown to be attractive? Who comes up with the right BMI for YOU? People are all DIFFERENT, therefore why should we all be expected to look the same?
All these women weigh the same amount. Crazy, huh.
Not everyone can achieve a six pack, no matter how many crunches they do.  We are better than giving in to what the world wants us to be.  We should be OURSELVES.  If 100 pounds is what you weigh, then so be it but if you weigh 150 and are happy... then good for you!
No matter how many times I have to remind myself this.... I still seem to try to achieve this impossible look every day, which is taking away my JOY IN LIFE.  I am going to try to focus on being happy and not worrying about being something that someone else is... I want to be ME.  All of you are beautiful just the way you are and I would like to challenge you to try to be happy or content with yourself... even if it is just for a minute.  After all, that is one more happy minute that you had yesterday.  This challenge will be REALLY hard for me, but I'm going to give it a try...
Give this quick video a watch, it's a real eye opener.
Remember, I am always here for you.  E-mail me, message me, facebook me...I would love to hear from you:)
---Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment